Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 2

Oh Day 2.  What can I say about you?  Well, after my challenge of 3 minutes I decided to ask my Facebook friends for meditation advice.  I had such wonderful and supportive responses!  Techniques to try, ways to approach meditation, it was great.

Today I actually had to go back to work, so I set my alarm a little earlier and got up and did my rounds of Sun Salutations and onto the cushion I went.  Timer set for 5 minutes.  I was ready.  I was armed with things to try.  Well, what happened was I ended up trying every idea that was given to me in that 5 minute period!  I recognized this while sitting on my pretty cushion and accepted it.  

I did hear a bird chirp though.  It's something that easily gets drowned out on my noisy street.  I consider that progress.

Not sure about how much time to try tomorrow.  I might stick with 5 for one more day, maybe I'll go crazy and try 6.  Only tomorrow will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment